January 20, 2009
Those who know me for my love/hate relationship with cell phones will appreciate today’s experience. During my orientation at Sheatufim 10 days ago, Rekefet, the office manager, informed me that my cell phone would control the gate to enter the grounds. I methodically entered the number into my phone book. At the end of my first day, I approached the gate, dialed the number. I heard a mild click but the gate remained closed. I used my cell phone to call Rekefet who laughed as she told me to remember to enter the number 5 after the gate answered. Today, about ten minutes into my 15 minute walk to the train station in the morning, I realized that I had left my phone at home. I realized that I would be out of touch for the day, but then again, nobody really calls me on the phone, so I decided to just continue on my way. It was only as I approached Sheatufim that it dawned on me that without my phone, I could not get in the gate! There was only one car in the parking lot at the time and fortunately that person responded to the buzzer at the gate. These two experiences may be enough to remind me to carry the phone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment