January 28, 2009
We scheduled a project meeting for 6:30, 11:30 Chapel Hill time. After as many as 7 or 8 disconnects for lost lines and poor quality lines we actually managed to conduct a productive, one hour meeting using Skype with 3 people in a conference room in Rosenau Hall, 1 person calling in from across campus, and me sitting at my computer on the desk in our bedroom of our 4 room apartment. Now if I could only figure out how routers work and how to get it hooked up in our apartment, I would be in telecommunications Disneyland.
Gregory left for Argentina today. We had not heard from him for several days and wondered about his status. A brief email indicating that he shared a ride to the airport with friends and a short apology for not being in contact, but explaining that he had been busy getting ready, made me realize that he is a responsible young man. I would have liked to have known how things were going, but he was perfectly capable of getting ready without my “advice.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment